In this constantly updated buying guide, we will help you choose the best scientific calculator that suits your needs. All the characteristics and aspects to be considered when buying a product of this kind will be analyzed.
Is your university career starting, and have you decided to enroll in Engineering, Physics, or another scientific faculty? Then it’s good to retire your old calculator and buy a new model with interesting and useful features that will surely help you.
How to choose a scientific calculator
Traditional calculators are valuable tools and are an integral part of a student’s life. You may have to perform more complicated calculations or study the graph of a function on the fly. And this is precisely where scientific models come into play.
Choosing a new scientific calculator isn’t as simple as it might seem. There are some features and some fundamental aspects to consider when buying. Only after a careful evaluation of the various features can you choose the perfect model for your needs.
Functions and Capabilities
Calculators differ from each other, mainly in size and built-in functionality. For this reason, it is good that you know immediately which operations you are going to perform most frequently.
Scientific calculators are capable of solving equations, derivatives, integrals, statistical calculations, and much more. Some differ in the possibility of managing tables and graphics as well. Furthermore, it is good to opt for a model that allows you to switch between the various notations easily.
Some models allow you to connect to your computer to be able to pass python files or scripts. Of course, these are complex products that require some awareness and knowledge on the part of the user.
The size of the display also distinguishes scientific calculators. The display is a fundamental factor in choosing a product of this type. A good display quality simplifies and improves its use.
The display’s size is related to the complexity of the functions that the calculator can perform. A high-end product can boast a high-resolution display that allows you to reproduce and animate various function graphics.
Obviously, the features of each calculator vary by price. A budget model can perform 100-150 functions, while the high-end models, in addition to having a better and larger display, can perform over 500 different functions.
Each model has different memory sizes. Some are capable of storing even several GB of data. If you are an engineering, math, or physics student, we recommend purchasing a large storage space model.
The best scientific calculators chose by us
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS Instruments GRAFIKRECHNER TI-NSPIRE CX-II T CAS
This Texas Instrument jewel is a real miniature computer. The CX II-T CAS is equipped with a color display that allows you to draw and animate function graphs. The exact arithmetic function allows to keep the simplified functions’ mathematical structure, and the mathematical constants are recognized and symbolically simplified. The deSolve wizard allows you to minimize syntax errors in differential equations.
Also, it features support for the Python programming language. If you buy it from Amazon, you will get a free protective case and 5 years warranty.
ASIO PRIZM FX-CG50
- Color graphing Calculator with High resolution LCD display (over 65, 000 colors)
- Natural textbook display
- Picture plot technology/ Real life images
- 3 D graphing capability
- Built in conic sections
It is undoubtedly one of the best scientific calculators currently available on the market. The display has 65,000 colors and allows you to take advantage of the Picture Plot functionality. Of course, it allows you to solve equations, systems, differential equations, integrals, and much more.
This calculator also allows you to create 3D pie, bar, 3D charts with 7 different colors. Although it is a professional calculator, it is still admitted to the final exams.
NumWorks graphing calculator
- For high school students
- User friendly and easy to learn
- High resolution color screen (320 x 240 pixels) and high capacity rechargeable...
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese
- Includes an USB charging cable
Are you looking for a graphical, minimal, and affordable calculator? Then this NumWorks model is the product for you. It is a graphing calculator that allows you to draw function graphs thanks to the high-resolution display (320 x 240 pixels). Its simplicity of use is its strong point.
You will be able to solve differential equations, integrals, and statistical calculations with great ease. Finally, it comes with Python support and has an extensive library of modules such as math, cmath, matplotlib.pyplot, turtle, and random.
- High-resolution LCD shows more of your work to minimize scrolling
- Advanced calculations let you quickly work through multi-step problems
- Online Visualization provides fast representation of data for entire class
- 2-way power ensures reliable use in any setting
- Perfect for Calculus, Algebra, Geometry and more
This model can work with real numbers, complex numbers, vectors, and 4 × 4 matrices. It can perform integrals, derivatives, polynomial equations, and even linear systems of maximum size 4 × 4. Also, it comes with a built-in spreadsheet for up to 170 data. Thanks to the QR code reader, you can safely continue the calculations on your computer.
Finally, it is equipped with a dual solar and battery power supply.
Casio Fx-570Es Plus 2 Scientific Calculator
- Suitable for secondary school and university
- Admitted to maturity exams
- Natural display to insert and display numerical expressions as they appear on...
- 24 levels of brackets
- Power supply: battery (1 x r03)
It is a cheap calculator, but it does its job very well. This CASIO template allows you to enter and view fractions and square roots just as they appear in your textbook. It can solve integrals and matrices with a maximum size of 4 × 4. It also allows you to convert polar coordinates into rectangular coordinates and vice versa.
The best-selling scientific calculators of the moment
Before concluding, we advise you to consult the following list of the 10 best-selling scientific calculators of the moment on Amazon. The list is kept constantly updated by the store itself.
- Easy to use
- Good for all math
- Approved for use
- Perfect choice for high school and college students
- Natural Textbook Display is highly visible
- Protective hard case keeps calculator from being damaged
- Powered by solar power and features battery backup supply for reliable use
- Scientific Calculator with a Graphic Function- This is a scientific calculator...
- Programmable System - Has a programmable system for all level courses and...
- Over 280 functions-including fractions, statistics, complex number calculations,...
- Perfect for Advanced and Beginner courses including Pre-Algebra, Algebra I,...
- If you are not able to turn on the calculator, please press the reset button on...
- Solar powered scientific Calculator
- 10+2 Digit LCD display
- Fraction calculations
- Trig functions
- Professional grade scientific calculator with 240 scientific functions. Easily...
- 12-digit widescreen HD display. 2-line display shows inputs and results at the...
- Meets the ergonomics design and offers a comfortable grip. Responsive buttons,...
- Solid sliding protective case covers either side of the calculator. Protects...
- Package includes: Scientific Calculator*1, instructions, customer service card
- Large 16 Digit, WriteView 4 Line LCD Display
- 7 Modes: Normal, Stat, Drill, Complex, Matrix, List & Equation with 640...
- Home Key Allows Users To Start Fresh From Any Screen
- Quadratic & Cubic Equation Solvers and 3 Variable Linear Equation Solvers
- Durable, Gloss Black FInish with Silver Accents and Protective Hard Case
- Robust, professional grade scientific calculator. Logs and antilogs
- It has 2-line display shows entry and calculated result at same time
- Easily handles 1 and 2 variable statistical calculations and three angle modes...
- It has 1-year limited
- Solar and battery powered
- High-resolution, full-color backlit display
- Rechargeable battery
- Preloaded apps and images.Fourteen interactive zoom features
- MathPrint feature.Seven different graph styles for differentiating the look of...
- Available in a variety of fun colors
- White Bezel
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.