In recent times it is increasingly common to hear about AR ready and VR ready smartphones, which support augmented reality and virtual reality. Although very similar, augmented and virtual reality have differences.
- By augmented reality, we mean the manipulation of the perception of the five senses (especially visual and auditory) by adding elements and information through electronic devices.
- The virtual reality is slightly different from the augmented one, because it allows the user to immerse himself in environments completely different from the real ones.
What is the advantage of these emerging ” technologies “, in addition to the playful one?
Let’s take a practical example: you need to buy a piece of furniture, but you are not sure that this can match the items already in the room. Thanks to augmented reality, using your smartphone’s camera, you can view that piece of furniture exactly where you want it, without going to the store or taking too many measurements.
Or, you are willing to visit a museum, but you can’t leave: thanks to virtual reality, you can visit that museum virtually, via smartphone and a particular tool.
This tool is called VR viewer, or a device in which to insert the smartphone to be connected to the head, which allows the user to immerse himself in a completely different reality.
Table of Contents
Top 10 VR Viewer for Smartphones
Which VR viewer to buy
In this purchase guide, we will see which VR viewer for smartphones to buy, depending on your needs.
Google Daydream View
- Don't just see the world, experience it. With daydream view, you can teleport...
- Browse from an ever-growing Collection of apps and games in the daydream app - a...
- You can always get the best seat in the house with daydream view. Experience...
- The daydream view controller transforms with your imagination. Go from the...
- Daydream View’s lightweight, durable headset is made from soft, breathable...
The first product in question is the Google Daydream View: presented in conjunction with Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, this is the revisited vision of the previously announced model.From a constructive point of view, Google has done a painstaking job: the display weighs only 261 g, and is characterized by light fabric, in anthracite gray color.
It is possible to interact with the smartphone using the appropriate remote control, equipped with gyroscope sensors, which allow it to become a real controller.
The supported smartphones must necessarily be Daydream-ready: among the main ones, there are Google Pixel and Pixel 2, Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, Note 8, S8, S8+, Moto Z and Moto Z2. To check if your smartphone is supported, visit the appropriate site: Daydream View Smartphones.
Samsung Gear VR (R325)
- Be transported to amazing new worlds, in games, video and images / Use the...
- Supported Devices: Galaxy Note9 (Additional Adapter needed), Note8, Note FE,...
- International Version with 1-month seller warranty / Exactly same device as US...
- Galaxy Note9 requires a new adapter to be sourced free of charge from Samsung...
The second viewer in question is produced by Samsung. This is certainly a heavier product, but we are talking about 345 g justified by materials, in plastic and metal.
Also in this case there is a remote control but, unlike the Daydream, it is possible to interact with the viewer only via a Samsung smartphone, starting with S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+. The price is definitely high, but it is a great product.
Xiaomi VR Glasses 3D
The last of the viewers in question is produced by Xiaomi: it is an economic viewer that does not have some kind of technology, but allows the average user to use content related to virtual reality, without spending an accident.
The viewer is clearly inspired by the Google Cardboard, enriched by a fabric design and a nice zipper, to be opened to insert the smartphone.
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.