Google does not miss anything. In a crowded market like today, there could not have been his proposal designed for those with computers who do a little bit of everything, just like with a smartphone. Pixelbook is the definitive solution entirely made in Google.
Design, lightness, performance up to the competition are his keywords. But will all that glitters be gold? Let’s see it a little more closely.
Design and Materials
For a good productivity, it is necessary that the devices are not only fast and performing. A great design can be stimulated and that of this Pixelbook is. The structure is metal, thin but strong. This allows you to keep the temperatures low without giving up a long-lasting, comfortable and practical to handle product.
It measures 11.43 x 8.69 x 0.44 inches, which correspond to 29 x 24.6 x 1.1 cm and can easily be inserted between the tops for subtlety. The weight is just over 2.45 lbs, irrelevant if transported in a folder or bag to follow lessons or go to work.
The interesting thing is how in such a small structure can live a hardware equal to that of a top of the range. With its versions, it responds to the needs of everyone for home, school and work use.
Processor, RAM, SSD and GPU
Pixelbook comes in two variants. The first with :
- 8 GB of RAM
- Intel Core i5
- 128 of SSD memory
- Integrated graphics card Intel HD Graphics 615
The second with :
- 16 GB of RAM
- Intel Core i7
- 512 SSD memory
- Integrated graphics card Intel HD Graphics 615
This last version is not recommended. Processors above i5 require an extremely efficient heat dissipation system that can hardly fit on a laptop. The graphics card is also not the best and does not allow the use of demanding programs.
The monitor is 12.3″ with a resolution of 2,400 x 1,600 px. The screen can be rotated through 360°. This opens the door to a myriad of possibilities and uses. The screen is naturally a touch screen and when combined with the Pixelbook Pen it makes the most of it. The monitor is protected by a Gorilla Glass resistant to shocks and scratches of various kinds.
Keyboard and Touchpad
Even the backlit keyboard is made of metal, and its short stroke is comparable to that of the competition. For lovers of gaming or mechanical keyboards, it will not be the best, but on the other hand, a respectable, wide and fluid touchpad raises the bar for the user experience.
Connectivity is naturally in step with the times. Pixelbook has:
- 2 USB Type-C 3.0 ports
- 3.5mm jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11.b, 802.11.g, 802.11.n
The battery is large enough to provide an autonomy of over 10 hours. In this way, there is no danger of being disconnected or without a valid tool for study or productivity in general. All thanks to a powerful charger able to provide 2 hours of battery life with a charge of just 15 minutes.
The operating system could not fail to be Chrome OS. This Pixelbook wants to be a standalone and optimized version of the already seen Chromebook. Probably the operating system is the strong limitation of this device. The lack of comparable apps for efficiency and functions to those of Windows, macOS or Linux can actually discourage you from buying it.
- Meet google pixel book, the high performance chromebook; it’s the first laptop...
- Features 7th gen intel core i5 processor, 8gb ram and 128gb for storage; the...
- The 4 in 1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent...
- Pixel book's super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 millimeter and...
- Powered by chrome os with automatic software updates so you’ll always have the...
- Meet google pixelbook, the high performance chromebook. It’s the first laptop...
- Features 7th gen intel core i7 processor, 16gb ram and 512gb for storage. The...
- 4 in 1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent and...
- Powered by chrome OS with automatic software updates so you’ll always have the...
- Pixelbook's super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 millimetre and...
Despite the top-of-the-range features and the extremely attractive design, this Pixelbook may not be among the most cost-effective products. Prices of this kind certainly make this product less attractive despite being inserted in a strong and widespread ecosystem.
Some accessories can be purchased together with Pixelbook. We are talking about the extra charger, already present in the package and the Pixelbook Pen, which raises the price by as much as $99.
- A more helpful pen. The smart, responsive pen for your Google Pixelbook
- Get quick answers. Pixel book Pen works with the Google Assistant
- Make your mark. Feels like a real pen, so you can write, draw, and design...
- Take Notes Anytime. Instantly capture an Idea or a sketch using Google keep...
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.