Wireless gaming mouse have the peculiarity of not having wires to connect to the PC that can hinder us during the game. However, really good wireless gaming mouse are very few. In fact, very often, wired mouse are preferred, which provide greater responsiveness and response time than wireless ones.
Many manufacturers, such as Razer and Logitech, have produced wireless devices that defend themselves very well from their wired adversaries. So let’s see how to choose the best wireless gaming mouse and which are the best models currently on the market.
How to choose a wireless gaming mouse
The choice of our new wireless gaming mouse must be done very carefully. It is a device that will accompany us over the years and will be the companion of a thousand games. So we must pay attention to the characteristics and parameters that will be crucial in our purchase.
Ergonomics is one of the main aspects to be analyzed in a mouse. Since this is a device that we will have to handle all the time, it must guarantee an excellent grip. In this way we can play in absolute tranquility, without worrying about a possible fatigue due to the grip of the device.
There are two types of grips: the palm grip, that is with the outstretched palm, and the claw grip, or the claw handle. The choice of the mouse made for a certain type of handle is strictly personal, as it depends exclusively on our needs.
The functionality of the mouse is mainly linked to the presence of programmable keys. They allow you to perform actions, such as a change of weapon or a particular action, in all simplicity.
The quality of the optical sensor is determined by the DPI (Dots Per Inch). The higher the number of DPIs, the more accurate the mouse is. With a high setting, it will not be necessary to make large movements to move the pointer much. All gaming mouse allow you to set the DPI value. However, many of these are preset. Some mouse, thanks to software provided by the manufacturer itself, allow us to choose the exact value of the PPE we want to use.
This is the frequency at which the mouse works. Depending on the value, it increases or decreases the response time of the mouse. So a mouse with a fairly high polling rate will guarantee a better response time.
Some manufacturers provide software that allows you to manage the mouse at will, such as DPI values, RGB lighting and the actions to assign to the programmable keys. If we ask how to configure a gaming mouse, all we need is the manufacturer’s management software.
Last but not least we find the battery. It is a fundamental factor in a wireless mouse, as it must guarantee excellent autonomy. The majority of high-end wireless mouse are equipped with an integrated battery, with the ability to connect the mouse with the cable to the PC and use it even while it is charging.
Where to buy gaming mouse
In this article, we propose the purchase of products from Amazon, as it is synonymous with warranty and reliability. When we encounter problems with the product, we can easily make the return of the product. It is possible to purchase these products in any physical store, in order to test their ergonomics, before proceeding with any online purchase.
E-Blue Mazer Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Ergonomically designed for right-handed gamers utilizing 'Air Wing' concept
- Adjustable DPI (Dots Per Inch) switch 500 / 1200 / 1800 / 2500
- Avago 5090 High-performance Optical Gaming Chipset
- 2.4G Wireless Transmission Technology (Stable signal in 30 ft. radius)
- High 3000 Frame/second Rate for extremely precise Tracking Level
This is a very economical gaming mouse. It is made with an ambidextrous design, ensuring good ergonomics for both left and right handed users. The optical sensor reaches 2,500 DPI, settable through 4 modes, from 500 to 2,500 DPI. It offers a polling rate of only 250 Hz, which guarantees excellent autonomy, but a lack of reactivity. Why choose this mouse? If we do not want to spend a lot and want to have a discrete gaming mouse, we can opt for this model.
- Up to 250 hours of battery life (Best with Polaroid AA Batteries)
- Power saving, high accuracy Delta Zero sensor technology. Try tracking on a...
- Lag free gaming grade wireless, Performance and Endurance modes maximize battery...
- Long life buttons rated to 20 million clicks, 11 programmable buttons
- For Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.6.8 or...
This wireless gaming mouse is equipped with an optical sensor that reaches 2,500 DPI and offers a polling rate of 500Hz. Thanks to an ergonomic design, it will not tire us during the game sessions. Furthermore, it is equipped with as many as 11 programmable buttons as we please using the Logitech software.
This mouse can work in two modes: Endurance and Performance. The first is designed for normal daily use and allows greater autonomy, while the second is designed for gaming sessions.
The battery allows a duration of 250 hours in Performance mode.
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
- Professional-grade Logitech G gaming mouse with ultra-fast lag-free wired or...
- Wireless rechargeable mouse with reliable battery life up to 30 hours on a...
- PMW3366 Optical Gaming Sensor delivers exceptional tracking accuracy, widely...
- Adjustable 200-12,000 DPI range with zero smoothing or filtering for consistent...
- Customizable physical button layout and comfortable ambidextrous design for left...
The Logitech G900 is equipped with an 8,200 DPI 4G optical sensor able to offer a polling rate of 1,000 Hz. There are 4 programmable keys, 2 per side, removable at will. The ergonomics is really good and allows you not to strain your wrist during the game sessions. It is also possible to use it both wirelessly and in wired mode, thanks to a practical charging cable supplied in the package. The battery allows an autonomy of about 32 hours with active RGB lighting.
Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition
- High-Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Offers on-the-fly sensitivity...
- Ambidextrous Design: Created for left and right-handed users with accessible,...
- Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles: Includes 16.8 million color combinations...
- Ridged, Rubberized Scroll Wheel for Maximum Accuracy: Small, tactile bumps...
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for reconfiguration and assignment of complex...
It is one of the latest models made by Razer. It is equipped with a 5G laser sensor, able to offer a tracking of a good 16,000 DPI and a polling rate of 1,000 Hz. The Razer Lancehead is equipped with high-level mechanical keys, made by the company itself. The DPI values can be changed through the 2 buttons located under the central wheel. It also has 2 programmable buttons on each side, for a total of 4 keys.
Also included in the package is the cable to charge it and connect it to the PC. This version can be used both in wireless mode and in wired mode. It is also equipped with RGB Chroma of 16,8 million colors, which can be managed through the Razer software. Finally, the battery allows an autonomy of about 24 hours.
Razer Mamba Rechargable Wireless Gaming Mouse
- It has up to 200 inches per second/ 50g acceleration
- It has multi-color lighting
- It has 4G Dual Sensor System
- It has Gaming-Grade wireless technology
- It has improved battery life and charging dock
It is one of the best wireless gaming mouse currently on the market. It boasts a laser sensor 5G of 16,000 DPI and a polling rate of 1,000 Hz. The peculiarity of this mouse is the ability to modify the pressure of the mechanical keys at will. Furthermore, there are 9 keys programmable through the software made available by Razer. Also this model can be used both in wireless mode and in wired mode, thanks to a convenient cable supplied in the package.
Also in the package is also provided a base that will be used to recharge the mouse. Chroma RGB of 16.8 million colors is also present, with effects customizable using Razer software. The battery is able to offer a range of about 20 hours.
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.