The shooter is one of the most appreciated genres of games, characterized by different sub-genres and constantly evolving. As easily understood, this is a type of games in which are collected several players who have the task of surviving by defeating enemies. The three different sub-genres previously announced are:
- FPS – First-Person Shooter
- TPS – Third-Person Shooter
- Shot em up – This became famous in the period between the 80s and the 90s but now less in vogue than the first two categories.
Being a category much appreciated by gamers, the software house over the years have launched securities on the market, but not all of these are valid and interesting. In this collection, we will try to definitively select only those games, falling within this theme, that a true fan of the genre should try at all costs on their PC.
Sci-Fi Shooter Games
- In Prey, you awaken aboard Talos I, a space station orbiting the moon in the...
- You are the key subject of an experiment meant to alter humanity forever - but...
- The space station has been overrun by hostile aliens and you are now being...
The news regarding this video game that takes the name of Prey date back to the distant 1995, the year in which 3D Realms conceived the first version. These in the early 2000s, decided to abandon the project by passing the ball to Human Head Studios that finally managed to launch the game on the market.
From then on there was no more news regarding any sequel of the title but, after 11 years, finally was presented at E3 of 2016 a second version of the video game (which is not a sequel but a reboot) always launched by the same software house.
Compared to the very first version (which was a mix between ghosts and aliens) here you enter all and for all in the hardcore sci-fi genre that takes its inspiration from games like Bioshock. In short, this video game is in effect a mix of the shooter, paranormal, horror and exploration. A title to try at all costs.
- Advanced, Action-Packed Gameplay – Whether fighting as a Pilot, the dominant...
- Captivating Single Player Campaign – Step on to The Frontier as a Militia...
- Deeper Multiplayer Action – With six brand-new Titans, a host of deadly new...
- Play with Friends, or Make New Ones – The social tissue of Titanfall 2,...
Titanfall 2 is one of those videogames that tries to redefine the relationship between man / robot and robot / battlefield, giving a unique video game experience. The possibilities and the game modes are different, but these are treated with a futuristic touch that makes everything more interesting.
Horror Shooter Games
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Immersive, visceral horror - A new shift for the series to first person view...
- PSVR compatibility heightens the chilling experience even more Built from the...
In Resident Evil 7, the poor Ethan will have the task of exploring a terrifying Louisiana plantation, having only a few projectiles at his disposal and finding himself against terrifying monsters and huge insects. Beyond the lack of innovation from the point of view of the theme, this game presents a novelty that has managed to literally upset the gamers accustomed to the old game modes: the scene is experienced in the first person.
- A Relentless Campaign: There is no taking cover or stopping to regenerate health...
- Return of id Multiplayer: Dominate your opponents in DOOM's signature,...
- Near-Limitless Gameplay: DOOM SnapMap - A powerful, but easy-to-use game and...
The evolution of one of the video games that made the story of this genre. Doom is a masterpiece that brings the shooters to those frenetic and brutal rhythms to which the gamers had been accustomed with the first chapter of the saga. Here the players are called to fight demonic legions armed to the teeth and with super technological amateur.
War Shooter Games
Call of Duty: World at War II
- Pre Order and get access to bonus content
- Call of Duty returns to its roots with Call of Duty: WWII—a breathtaking...
- Land in Normandy on D Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in...
- Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the...
- Spanish (Publication Language)
In the last chapter of Call of Duty: WWII completely abandoned the futuristic battles to which the gamers had been accustomed with Advanced Warfare to return to the origins of the series, where everything was born: the Second World War. A very interesting title that has been very successful since the first appearances on the market.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Rising Storm 2 is one of those players who sees the main characters as a team game with attached tactics to be able to defeat the enemy. Here the video game player is not the only hero in the field, as very often happens in games like CoD: suppression fires, positioning and attack tactics make the game dynamics very realistic and immersive.
Multiplayer Shooter Games
- Experience the extraordinary
- Play as heroes, not classes
- Fight for the future... together
- The world is your battlefield
- 10 Bonus Loot Boxes with cosmetic goodies for your Overwatch heroes
Overwatch is a game ” dated ” but despite everything, after a few years, it still speaks of itself. Developed by the giant Blizzard, this game sees clashing different classes of heroes in a very imaginative setting with attention to detail. Obviously, given the complexity, the gamer must be able to organize their attacks by exploiting the potential of his character in such a way as to emerge victorious.
Indie Shooter Games
- SUPERHOT is the first person shooter where time moves only when you move.
- No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops.
- It's just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies...
Superhot is one of the most discussed titles of the last period given the concept that is at the base of the plot: time runs only when the player is moving. This allows you to experience the actions in a completely different perspective, which allows the gamer the infinite chances at the tactical level to be able to beat the enemies.
Beyond the dynamics of the game, a little particular must also mention the choices under the graph, there is a very minimal graphic that prefers the silhouettes to complete details of people and objects.
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.