The Beats headphones were put on the market in 2009 by the rapper and producer Dr.Dre. Immediately they attracted the attention of the public and proved to be valid products especially for those who love accentuated bass.
Their genre of imprint are rap and hip hop, of which they faithfully reproduce the sound track, full of dark tones. Purists, on the other hand, have always been skeptical about Beats headphones, considering them too expensive compared to the quality offered.
In reality, the audio quality has no particular flaws except that of equalization. If you love a clean and well-balanced sound you will find yourself a little bit displaced once you have switched to listening. This is a ” problem ” that you can easily solve with the use of a good equalizer, now available on any device suitable for playing music.
In 2014, the brand was taken over by a staggering figure from Apple. Since then Beats headphones are developed and realized under the supervision and management of the Cupertino company. This helped make the public’s perception of the company even more premium. Despite the criticism and high prices, Beats headphones sell so much and if you are among that slice of users interested in buying them, then you are in the right place!
How to read the technical parameters
Although the company is still a bit mysterious about the technical features of Beats headphones and earphones, it will not be difficult to find them on the net. The real problem, especially for those not in the industry, is to understand the features of Beats headphones. Words like impedance or frequency response could tell you very little. For this reason, we try to understand something more together.
- Frequency response : it is the range of sounds that the headphones can reproduce. It is measured in Hz and the wider the range the greater the dynamic range reproduced will be. Do not forget that the human ear has difficulty recognizing frequencies above 16000 Hz. For this reason, the ideal range is between 20 and 20,000 Hz.
- Sensitivity : it is measured in Decibel, and it is the sound pressure that the headset is able to produce. Always remember that dB is measured logarithmically. This means that every 3 dB the value doubles its size. In other words, it indicates the power of the audio output in terms of volume.
- Impedance : it is measured in Ohms as if it were a resistance. The higher the value, the greater the quality and precision of the sound. On average, Beats and other manufacturers have an impedance between 8 and 32 Ohms, ideal for mobile devices. Above these values it may be necessary to use an external amplifier.
Beats headphones : What types?
Beats, like many other manufacturers, does not focus on just one type of headset. If the first models were predominantly over-ear, today we find in the catalog both in ear and on ear. But what are the real differences between these three types of headphones?
- In ear : they are perhaps the most invasive model as they are applied directly into the ear. They offer excellent sound insulation and a moderate increase in bass. Thanks to their small size and stability they are perfect for sports activities. In the long run especially if you do not choose the appropriate rubber, can be annoying.
- On ear : they are placed directly above the ear. They offer the right middle way as space and allow in most cases to continue to hear ambient noises. Thanks to their padding they are very comfortable to wear even for prolonged periods of time.
- Over ear : these are the most bulky headphones as they cover the whole ear and surround the forms. Thanks to this features and the padding. They probably offer the best sound insulation available. They are also (usually) the most expensive model and with an avant-garde technique, used a lot in the professional field.
Best-selling Beats headphones of the moment
Before leaving you to our selection, here is the top 10 of the best-selling Beats headphones currently on Amazon. The ranking is constantly updated every day automatically.
The best Beats headphones
Now the time has really come to go into choosing the right model for you! We will analyze the Beats line model by model, in order to understand the real differences.
- Beats EP wired on-ear headphone in black delivers masterfully tuned sound.
- Durable, lightweight design reinforced with stainless steel
- Take calls and control music on your iOS and Android devices with the microphone...
- Battery free for unlimited playback
- Adjustable vertical sliders for a personalized fit
The Beats EP headphones are one of the cheapest models on sale. They are on-ear, light and comfortable. They use the cable, which is equipped with a microphone and through-pass controller and does not need to be recharged like wireless models. The sound output is really good, with slightly more pronounced bass than mid and high. On iOS there is direct control for Siri, calls and voice commands. Available in 4 colors.
Beats Urbeats Earphones
urBeats are the Beats headset par excellence. Of type in ear combine design, lightness and quality. The wire is flat, to avoid any tangle, and is equipped with a microphone with built-in controller. The comfort once worn is really good, as well as the sound is excellent, always well balanced but with a slight preference for bass and mids. Inside the package you will find in addition to the headphones a case and 4 spare pads. The price is related to the quality and the brand.
BeatsX Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- Perfect wireless companion for you to experience authentic, clear sound...
- Take calls, control your music and activate Siri with RemoteTalk. Connect via...
- Variety of ear tip options offer personalized comfort and secure-fit wingtips...
- Magnetic ear buds keep your earphones tangle-free and easily coil up for compact...
- Comes with BeatsX earphones, removable secure-fit wingtips, eartips with four...
BeatsX headphones are the latest model in ear and come with wireless connection presented by the brand. The design is really beautiful, and the construction quality is not far behind. The built-in battery provides an excellent 8-hour battery life with a single charge and with just ten minutes you will have 2 hours of listening time.
Inside there is the new Apple W1 chip, the same used on Airpods. The audio quality is really above average and fully meets all expectations. The sound is rich and dynamic, without neglecting any frequency.
Beats Solo 2
- Fine-tuned acoustics for clarity, breadth and balance
- Streamlined design for a custom-fit
- Durable and foldable so you can take them on-the-go
- Take calls and control music with RemoteTalk cable
- What's in the box: Beats Solo2 on-ear headphone, RemoteTalk cable, carrying...
The only 2 are the headphones of the central part of the Beats range. Of type on ear they are light and easily transportable. The materials are well made, although we could expect something better for such a product. The connection is made with the jack cable, which also incorporates the classic microphone with multi-function button. Once worn they are comfortable even for hours and the ear hardly gets tired. The sound range is well reproduced with the only neo of the mids that are slightly sacrificed compared to highs and lows.
Beats Solo 3 Wireless
- High-performance wireless Bluetooth headphones in matte black
- Features the Apple W1 chip and Class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 wireless is your perfect...
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- With Fast Fuel, 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when battery...
As you can easily guess from the name, Beats Solo 3 headphones are the evolution of the previous model on ear. The style remains the same but inside almost everything changes, starting from the connection that happens through bluetooth. Almost exclusive news is the presence inside them of the brand-new chip W1, which has been very sponsored by Apple.
Excellent autonomy. A refill guarantees up to 40 hours of continuous playback, without ever leaving you dry. Nothing to say even with regard to sound quality: the sound is always precise and clean, perhaps too focused on bass, but now we know that this is the peculiarity of all the Beats models.
Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
These are the evolution of the famous Beats Studio headphones, over ear that have made the fortune of the brand. In this version, they lose the jack cable and buy the bluetooth connection. The sound quality is really impressive. Here the bass is marked, but it does not subtract space from the other frequencies. The isolation is absolute, thanks also to the ANC mode, which partially or completely erases external noise.
The autonomy is really long: you will have the possibility to listen to your favorite tracks for 12 hours and to always keep the charge level under control thanks to the status LEDs. Nothing to say, it is headphones for those who do not accept compromises, even in the price.
Beats Pro Wired Over-Ear Headphone
Beats Pro headphones are the top of the range designed for the predominantly professional use. Of type over ear are made of steel and aluminum, so really solid and durable. Among all the headphones we have seen so far are those that emit a more balanced sound. The quality is very high, as is the insulation guaranteed by a passive noise cancellation system. The connection is via the 3.5 mm jack cable which has an input on each pavilion.
The journey between the headphones of the American producer ends here. As you have seen, the models are numerous and not all out of economic reach. If others will be presented in the future, we will inform you quickly. For now, enjoy the available templates and do not hesitate to use the comments box if you have any doubts or questions.
Product prices and availability are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.